Growing up, one of my Dad's favorite scripture was or is Habakkuk 2:3, ''though it tarries it shall come to pass...''. I heard this particular scripture a lot of times while growing but did I really understand it? Another favorite song of my dad is '' I don't mind waiting on you, Lord''. I remember singing this song a number of times during devotions, but did I really understand what it meant?
The Wait,
Waiting.
Waiting is one very difficult thing to do. I have come to a place in life where I no longer mind what happens to me or the future ahead. I have come to a point in life where everything this girl ever wants is Him(God). Life no longer bothers me because I have this assurance in God. I have come to a point where I totally depend on God.
For a couple of months now, God has been teaching me how to wait genuinely on Him.
For the past 3 or so months, I've been living my life without a smartphone. I have to rely on my computer to do stuff. Initially, I thought I was going to die. Just imagine being among friends with good quality phones but the amazing thing is this; I had to tell God, how bad, hurt and insecure I felt. I had to pour out my heart to a High Priest that understood my pain. You might say its nothing but to me it was something. While pouring my heart to this my Wonderful Friend, He said ''WAIT''.
Your situation will definitely be different from mine, but God is saying ''Wait and see what I will do''. He is giving you this assurance. When He says wait, It means you're not forgotten, it means He still gat you. Don't let that thing you want to stand between your relationship with the Father of Light, instead let it bring you closer to the cross.
God is still in the business of doing good.
He understands more than anyone how you feel.
Wait patiently and genuinely depend on Him.
You get stronger when you WAIT.
Comments
Post a Comment