Today is one of those days I get a bit emotional. I was talking with an old classmate today and we kept talking about howfar we've gone in life and reminiscing about the good old days.
I was born and raised by Godly parents. I had a very strict upbringing thereby creating a particular triangle of my life.
House
Shop church
I really can't tell when I started writing but I know I grew up writing about anything that comes to mind. My parents weren't aware though, they just know I'm different from the rest.
Nobody really discriminated against me until one faithful day in 2013 when I was in the University.
There was this man that normally comes to speak to us and sell his magazine. He was an amazing speaker. I thought I could learn a thing or two from him. Then I understood how Jesus must have felt when Nathaniel said nothing good can come out of Nazareth.
I approached this man and made my intentions know.
Him: what's your name?
Me: Ogechi Eze
Him: waoh so you're igbo? Which of the igbo states? I know Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Abia
Me: non of the above sir. I'm from Ebonyi.
Him: Ebonyi? Do they go to school? The ones I know are all illiterates. You can't possibly be from Ebonyi. How come you school here all the way from Ebonyi?
Me: Ebonyians are not illiterates, we have dreams and passions too. We go to school too.
Him: I don't believe what you say. You say you write? Then write an article for me before I believe.
Me: I'll make you see me in a different light.
I went home not feeling bad but I felt I had a duty to perform, I have to save the pride of my people.
I wrote an article; Overcoming the You Outside and it became my very first blog post.
I went back to Him and showed him my writings and it changed his impression of me and my people.
This is just one of the many things I've had to face.
Yours might be tougher than this but listen dont give up.
Are people not buying your dreams? Don't give up.
Are you being discriminated against? Don't give up.
People won't easily believe the words you say, the just want result. Be your own cheerleader don't wait for someone. The more you wait to get acknowledgement the more broken you'll become.
Strive fo make your dreams real
Fight for your passion and purpose
Fight for your future
Fight for the next generation
Fight for you homeland
You've got every thing you need to be a better you in you
You can be more than what you bargain for
Your future is definitely bright
Be your own cheerleader.
Photocredits: that's me when class gets boring👩⚕️
I would also want to learn about your experiences too. Just drop them on the commet session.
From yours truly,
Ogechi Eze.
Comments
Post a Comment