Can I hear somebody saying it's been a like ages?๐
Worry no more this girl is back๐.
The past one month or so has been an amazing one with the Father. I get to see Him in a different dimension every single day.
I had a very amazing funny experience with God which I'll be sharing today.
Couple of weeks ago, we had a fast a 3day fast in church. It was super amazing.๐ค
The first day of fasting was just so easy for me, like I do these things na so I thought oooo. I was so so filled with energy and zeal to pray with fellow believers. The thing was just shacking me anyhow anyhow๐คฃ
On the second day of fasting, guess what; the devil practically came knocking on my door. At about 3am in the morning I felt so hungry like I haven't seen food in my life before. I was like devil you plan won't work ooo.
Trust me, I had alot of things to bring to God's table, I had a lot of concerns and things stressing me out. I needed to pray and here comes the devil but guess what I overcame the devil.
Can I hear a big hallelujah over there somebody?๐
But was it really over? I guess not.
On the third day of fasting which was the grand finale brother devil also showed up again ooo, same time and same venue ๐♀️ but this time around I became so thirsty.
Guess what? I love water so so so very much. I can do without food but my brother water is important. I kept bearing this thing, I kept reassuring myself "Oge I know you can overcome". Etc
Then I heard the carnal man in saying just break your fast by 1pm after all there was no set time for breaking the fast. So I began to reason with my flesh oooo. I must drink this water by 1pm so I can have peace.
I went to the bathroom to freshen up. As I was wash/brushing my teeth I heard The Holy Spirt clearing, He said "this water you're planning to drink is you turning your stone into bread".
๐๐๐๐๐๐
That was my reaction.
Immediate I made up my mind to resist my flesh and guess what? I no longer felt tasting.
We've at one point or another been in similar situations. You think we can't over that challenge or temptation coming our way but can I share some good news with you?
God has given us everything that pertains to live and godliness.
He has given us everything we need to overcome what ever temptation comes our way.
Can I also give you a shocker?
They devil doesn't tempt us with something we don't need or have a desire for but he tempts us with those things we lust for.
This is what Apostle James has to say:
James 1:13-15 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
You might also have been struggling with a particular sin even as a Christian but no to worry, just check those things your flesh desires and put them under subjection.
Don't allow the devil talk you into turning your stone into bread.
Those things you lust after or desire are not worth your relationship with God.
Do you think those temptations are to big for you to handle?
Yes they are too big for us to handle on our own that's why God gave us an High Priest that understands how we feel, He has been there before but He never did turn His stone into bread even when the devil promised me a kingdom.
Mind you whatever the devil tells you aren't true even the bible calls him the father of all lies. The devil can't give you what he promised.
It's time to turn to this Hight Priest who understands our infirmities, who had gone through whatever we think we are going through right now. He's our perfect example.
If Jesus could resist the devil you too can. You know why? Because He has given us all authority and we also have the very precious Spirit of God residing within our body.
So don't limit yourself but see yourself through the very eyes of God.
See yourself the way God sees you.
You're precious to God and to me amen๐
You can resist the devil too
Remember; dont turn your stone into bread.
Very true. Our temptations will always be things that we desire. Is not really a temptation if we don't want it. But glory to God, we have help, we have Jesus.
ReplyDeleteVery true๐
Delete