One of my dad's favorite phrase when teaching about heaven and hell is " So you later came here". Funny right but not funny.
Many people today claim they are "Christians " and it's really wonderful but trust me Chritainity is beyond the name Christian.
You might be a faithful Christian by human standards but what about God's standard? Does the Father know and recognize you as a Son? Does the Holy Spirit bear witness with your spirit that you're a Co-heir with Christ?
It really will be a painful thing for us to labour here on earth, for us to give up worldly desires and the lot but to end up in hell.
It will be very painful and heart wrenching for the devil to tell us on the last day, "SO YOU LATER CAME HERE" after all the binding we did here on earth.
He that stands should take heed lest he falls.
When last did you examine yourself? When last did you ask for more of the Spirit? When last did you ask to Know more of the Father of Light with whom there is no variableness? When last did you thirst and hunger after righteousness and Holiness?
The problem we have as Christians is not just created by the devil. Most times we create problems with our own very hands.
Today we learnt in sunday school/bible study where paul said, " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course and I have kept the faith".
At the end of your journey here on earth, will you be bold enough to beat your chest and say you have kept the faith? Will you be bold enough to say your garment is without stain and wrinkles? Will you be bold to say heaven is my destination?
Or is the devil waiting to welcome you with a so you later came here speech?
I lost this Uncle last year and every time I think about him I feel very bad. Earlier this month his daughter my cousin wrote about the final moments of her faith. Basically before he gave up the ghost he made a statement in igbo which is "this Holy man is going home".
I no longer feel bad about his death any longer because I know he's with the Lord.
What will be your testimony?
Are you prepared?
Remember death can come at any time? You time might be now you really can't tell but the key thing is will God recognize you as a Son on that day?
Someone will say I still speak in tongues, I still prophesy, I still do this and that. That's fine but remember examine yourself continually so you won't turn out like Samson who thought God was still with with not knowing God has left him. Examine yourself now while it's still day.
He that stands should take heed lest he falls.
Don't be like the men in Matthew who prophesied in the name of Jesus and even went as far as casting demons but yet, the weren't recognized by the Father.
Don't give the devil the chance to welcome you to hell with a so you later came here speech.
Fight!
Work out your salvation now while its day.
Contanstly examine yourself before it's too late.
It's better to fall out with men and be at peace with God than to be in Good standing in your local church and can't be recognized by the Father.
Comments
Post a Comment